So how do you spend 12-14 hours each day on the road? Well, I printed out a ton of questions I had found online ranging from questions to ask your future mate from Bride Magazine to the 12 questions you should be able to answer about your partner. Yes, probably would have been helpful to have asked each other some of these questions over thirty years ago but it's amazing how after even 30+ years of marriage, there were quite a few things we didn't know about each other. The questions ranged from your favorite childhood toy to if you were going to get a tattoo tomorrow what would it depict. It was a great way to pass the time!

Buc-ees! Finally we understand what all the hype is about, and yes, we would agree that the hype is valid especially if you are on a long road trip, looking for some unique and tasty snacks or just want the best banana pudding there is! After grabbing a cart full of stuff, meeting Buc-ee himself and even being given a free car wash for stopping by we were sold. Definitely when traveling in the south, Buc-ees is the place to make your pit stop!
Once we realized we'd be driving Nova to Utah, I knew we had to take a route that would take us through Dallas so we could see our friends the Hayes. As we were getting close to their home we got caught in probably the strongest rain storm we had ever been in. You wouldn't know from this photo but there was a ton of rain that had just come from that cloud!
Oh how great it was to see Stephanie and Rick. We sure miss them.
Rick recommended a fun place for us to stop as we headed out of Texas called Cadillac Ranch. It's located in Amarillo TX and had he not mentioned it, it would have been hard to miss...haha! Here you find a display of old Cadillacs buried nose first in the dirt, covered with graffiti. If I hadn't been told they were Cadillacs I would have never guessed but how cool it is to be driving along this stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere and come across this row of art!

While we didn't come prepared with our own spray paint, some kind tourists offered their left over cans to us so we could leave our mark. Being the creative person I am, I sprayed my initials and wrote our name in the dirt...ha!
We were amazed at all the wind mills in Texas! So so many!!!
It's really amazing to see how different the landscapes can be as you cross from one state into the next and boy did we cross through quite a few including a bit of Alabama, Louisiana which was quite green and reminded me of parts of my mission in Arkansas. Then you have Texas which was much more dry with wide open spaces (as you can see from this photo above with all the wind mills). We were in New Mexico for a blink before working our way deep into Colorado which is definitely a place I would like to spend more time. The last time Jack and I ever took a road trip that lasted longer than ten hours was back when we lived in Seattle and made the drive to Utah a few times. I'm thinking more road trips will be in our future... unless we can figure out a way to start giving Nova Ozempic...










No comments:
Post a Comment