She did it! (Or should we say "we did it!") While it wasn't easy for Jack and I to live apart for years so Sage could stay in Florida to row and graduate with the friends she had come to love since middle school, seeing how much she thrived here really did make it feel like it was worth it. And being that she finished high school in the top 7-8% of her graduating class I can't say it was a bad choice. We are so proud of her and her accomplishments. Not only did she take heavy loads, including ten AP courses, she was active with student government, spent hours a day rowing, and graduated from seminary. She continues to impress us with her ability to be so disciplined and responsible.
With approx. 900 students graduating from Windermere high school this was no small gathering and far from quick. It was held at the Kia center downtown and boy, it was quite the show with everything from a bagpiper to fireworks. After sitting for hours we watched Sage cross the stage in a matter of seconds. The jury is out on if an in-person graduation was better than the virtual one we experienced with the boys but I was very happy to at least get to see one of our kids cross a stage in person!
I spy Sage...













No comments:
Post a Comment