I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that our kids never really want much for their birthdays or Christmas, in fact most of the time they have nothing for us which means I'm stuck trying to figure out something. Knowing their old scooters had died a couple years ago I came across these. Although they aren't as fast as Jack would probably like to see, they will do the trick for a couple years. The longer I can keep them away from the real motorbikes the better! We did however get a call from my mom while we were away alerting us that Connor said he wanted a turtle. Well, I knew that the turtle would be cool for all of a week but once he realized the return on investment wasn't so great we worried he'd want to get rid of it. I mean really it's not like you cuddle with a turtle or it does tricks for you. How long can it be exciting to stare at a turtle yet each week he'd still have to clean out his tank?!? After heading over to the pet store and discussing the pros and cons Connor decided he'd rather stick with the scooter rather than the turtle...thank goodness! Jack and I laugh at these retro Oakley glasses and although we think they are probably Oakley's tackiest yet, we thought the kids might find them so tacky that they actually are cool. We shall see...
As it turned out the boys never pushed for a friend party. I felt a bit bad about not putting one together but since they didn't seem to care either way, I didn't push it either! It seems that as they get older, the big birthday bashes are getting less important to them. They know who matters most and we will never let one pass without a celebration! We love you Connor and Tyler!
1 comment:
I am glad they had a great birthday! Can't wait to see you all in the summer.
Post a Comment