Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Me time...

As a stay at home mom I find myself at times becoming very envious of Jack when he has to travel for work. Something about the hotel lifestyle of no cooking and cleaning is very appealing. Now for Jack it's no different than life at home but for me...it's a big treat! So when I learned he was once again heading out to sunny, warm CA on business for a week I decided that if the stars aligned and my parents could come watch the kids and my BFF Heather and I were able to plan a girls weekend during the same week it would be a go.

Thankfully I have been blessed with the most amazing parents around. They are always happy to jump on a plane and come watch the kids and I always know the kids are in good hands...perhaps better than my own! The only unfortunate thing this time around was that we'd be away during the boys 12th birthday but the boys were completely fine celebrating the weekend we returned since we would have had to wait until Jack returned anyways. So here are a few photos from our trip!

Talk about perfect timing, just as Jack and I were being dropped off at the hotel, I turn to get out of the car and see Heather parked right behind us. After an early and long flight food was first on the to do list! So off to the Grove we went...



After enjoying lunch we dropped Jack back off at his hotel and Heather and I went to check into a different hotel where we'd be meeting Pilar. How funny it was that as we pulled up to that hotel Pilar would also pull up at the exact moment facing us from the opposite direction! Here we were all traveling from different places yet we all were within seconds of meeting up with each other. I hadn't seen Pilar since she visited me in WA but like with Heather it was as if no time had gone by. We all had such a great time playing tourists while getting in our fair share of good food and laughs. We laughed so hard as we followed some open top tour bus giving a tour of where all the celebrities lived. Heather would pull over each time the bus did and we'd all listen quietly to hear whose house we were parked in front of. After doing that for a couple houses it was on to Villa Blanca.

After enjoying a lovely dinner at Villa Blanca which was made popular by the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills show (and seriously some of the best salmon I've had) we decided we wanted to drive by Sur to check it out. I mean there is a whole reality show based on the joint so we couldn't not check it out. Although it was booked solid for every weekend through March you can drop in the lounge/bar side that doesn't take reservations and hope to get in. Well there was no way on a Saturday night we were getting in. The line was out the door and the place was packed. As much as I was looking forward to finding some nice men for my two single friends it was clear it wasn't going to happen this evening! The next day we did Mulholland Dr., the Chinese and Dolby Theater and Walk of Fame, West Hollywood, and Santa Monica.





Aside from wishing we had more time together, the weekend was a blast. Next it was back to the Beverly Hilton to reunite with Jack! I was looking forward to spending the week with him alone even though I knew he'd be busy with work stuff. Thankfully the weather was perfect most of the week so I spent my lazy days at the pool. How easy I got use to the life of leisure... One cool thing that happened was on my first day out by the pool I ended up sitting next to and chit chatting with this nice British man. At one point I asked Glen what brought him to LA and he casually said he was nominated for an Oscar! He had asked if I had seen the movie Gravity, which sadly I hadn't even heard of and admitted to him. We talked about places we'd traveled, our families, his life working around celebrities, what he'd be wearing on the big night, etc. He also introduced me to a few of his buddies who were staying at the hotel too. As it turned out both him and one of his friends both won for different categories in Gravity. How fun it was to see him on stage accepting his Oscar as we watched from home! Kind of cool!



How funny that on Jack and I's last day at the Hilton Jack spots a bunch of the cast from Vanderpump in our hotel lobby. After the prank Jack had played on Heather, Pilar and myself, he knew he had to get a photo to prove to Heather and Pilar that indeed he really is a celebrity magnet ... even if they are C-listers...or maybe Z-listers...haha!



What a fun trip Jack and I had. Sadly I don't have one photo of the two of us together but I don't think we could have paid him to be in the photo with Jax... Now time to plan the next trip!

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a great time. I am glad (and a bit jealous) that you were able to get away for some quiet time. I think every mom deserves that little time away.