Actually it was very bittersweet. I feel like I'm just about to enter a whole new chapter in my life. Although having daily freedom that lasts more than a couple hours sounds heavenly on one hand, it also makes me really sad to see that our kids are growing up on us. I know I'll have plenty days in the future where I'd do anything to experience these days once again so I try to enjoy them as much as possible.
Sage had a fantastic year. We couldn't ask for a better teacher. Mrs. Kinghorn was also Connor's kindergarten teacher and once again she didn't disappoint. She will be greatly missed! Sage was quick to make friends, loved to spend recess hula hooping and said her favorite thing about kindergarten was P.E. Well, it could have been lunch so we'll take it!
Here is a photo with Sage and her classmate Jax. Although she doesn't like to admit it, It was clear early on that Sage had eyes for cute little Jax but who wouldn't for such a handsome young man! Being that Ty and Jax's older brother were on the same baseball team and Connor and his older brother were in the same class, there were plenty of opportunities for the two to play together. What cuties!
Can you say BOY CRAZY? Here she is with Jax and Jordan, another one of the cute boys she enjoyed hanging out with in her class!
Connor and Tyler both also had great school years. Connor had Mrs. Larson for his teacher and Ty had Mrs. Cronin. I knew things were changing school wise when they both came home after that first week of school with backpacks weighing what appeared to be as much as them! Their favorite activity for the year was the Wax Museum. Each child is asked to select a famous person who has done something to contribute to society is a positive way. After much thought, Ty landed on doing Neil Armstrong and Connor chose JFK. It was clear that Ty was very excited to get his display put together while Connor was much more interested in reading up on as much as he could about JFK. They both did an awesome job and I was so proud that they did it all on their own. Being that they have to dress the part I was a bit nervous on just how we'd put together a costume for Neil Armstrong without going to the party store and renting one. Well, thank goodness I got a new ski outfit this past Christmas as it came it quite handy! I have to say Connor makes one handsome JFK and thankfully there wasn't much work required on piecing together his costume!!!
Introducing JFK and Neil Armstrong:

It's been a great year for the kids. Once in a while the sun would decided to grace us with her presence. On those days the kids loved to ride their bikes to school. Thankfully the last day of school was picture perfect. Here the boys are heading out on their final day as 4th graders...
It will be sad to leave CVES. We've had a great run...
No comments:
Post a Comment