Well, here's a run down of the past few weeks:
Pinewood Derby: Well, let's just say that we were in the top 10 and leave it at that! And yes, there were more than ten cars participating...lol! We have yet to figure out the magic tricks that make up a winning car built with only the generic parts that come in the box but I can say each year Jack puts in fantastic effort. In the end he swears it comes down to buying all the "goods" online. The last two years I've begged him not to spend the big bucks to buy the expensive tools, wheels, etc. that he says are absolutely necessary in order to build a competitive car because I really felt it came down to luck in the end. This year I was finally convinced otherwise when our friend Philip spent a small fortune on what turned out to be a first place winning car! I was skeptical to see if his son's car would really outperform all the other cars and sure enough it did. I will never live that down. So in the end, I guess the magic recipe is the "online marketplace". I have yet to figure out why they chose cub scouts as the time to do pinewood derbies. I mean how many of the cub scouts actually do even half the work? I can say this year our boys did almost all of it and that's what made me so proud of them. They even did most of the cutting! Sadly I neglected to get a photo of them with their cars but I did get a couple of them racing. In these photos both the boys cars took first but as the night progressed, they sunk down the ranks a little but they didn't care. They were thrilled with their results. Ty named his car the "Diamondback" and Connor named his the "Grave Stone".

Easter: I think we'll go back to celebrating Easter in Utah. Being that we went away in Feb. and are going to be heading out again in a few weeks, we took a break from our traditional spring break trip to Utah...BIG MISTAKE! Never again but we didn't let our gloomy weather ruin our Easter festivities. The skies actually cleared on Saturday, just in time for our homeowners association Easter egg hunt which the kids always enjoy!

We spent Easter at our friends the Fuller's home which was fun and filling!!! After eating and cleaning up everyone came back to our place to do Dance Central and Jack's ego was killed when Heather Smith was able to kill him with her background in dance! After everyone took off we did an Easter egg hunt in the house and the kids finally dyed some eggs.

Speaking of Scouts: The boys have been doing scouts for over a year now. It's no secret that Jack has never been a fan of the scouting program and of my four brothers, not one of them went on to become an Eagle Scout so clearly there is no real excitement surrounding scouting in our family but we do encourage the boys to participate when the schedule allows. This past week the boys got their Wolf badges at the monthly pack meeting. With that comes a pin for the mom. The boys were very excited to turn my two pins (since there are two of them which means I get a pin from each of them) into a new set of earrings! This photo was terrible of me so I purposely made the color all off but you get the point! Here I am modeling my new earrings...
So that's a brief rundown of the past month! We are in full swing with baseball season so I'll post photos of the whole season in one entry. For obvious reasons, many of our practices and games have been cancelled this year but we are optimistic the good weather will be arriving any day... I won't hold my breath! Ha!
1 comment:
I know what you mean about the weather. It is driving me crazy. Trust me the weather was bad hear for Easter too so you didn't miss out on anything. We did our egg hunt in the rain. But we did miss seeing you all. It sounds like it was a fun weekend anyway. That is fun that your boys did the derby. I think that is great that they did most of the work hopefully it makes it more memorable.
Post a Comment