There is something fun and sweet about decorating and preparing for a girlie party. We've covered Elmo, princess, and beach themes in the past so being that her birthday is in the spring, a flower theme seemed perfect. Thankfully, mother nature was in a good mood and once again came through with a beautiful day which is truly amazing considering all this bad weather we've had. I probably just jinxed us for next year but every single one of Sage's birthday parties has had perfect weather!
I have to admit I was quite thrilled with how these cupcakes and kabobs turned out. I also realized that making banana bread cupcakes is much less messy, a bit more healthy, and much more delicious!!!
Craft time! So I probably should have waited a couple years before having the kids paint flower pots. I had shown them how to make cute flowers, butterflies, etc. with their fingers and markers but in the end they just enjoyed smudging paint all over them! Then they decorated sticky flower cutouts with tissue paper!

The girls enjoyed playing in the back yard for a bit but sadly Cole was a bit shy around all these girls. He preferred hanging out with his mom and me inside!
Poor Alyssa hadn't been feeling good the days leading up to the party but wanted to stop in for a few minutes. We were so glad she was able to join in if even for a short period of time!

Time to sing...
Sagie loved every one of her presents. So much so that she had to pull everything out of it's packaging within minutes of everyone leaving. Thanks to the generosity of all her friends she will not be bored anytime soon! I also have to mention how cute it is that for the past three years Annie insists on bringing Sage a dress for her gift and every year Sage is thrilled with what she picks!
No comments:
Post a Comment