Monday, May 16, 2011

Give me Five!



So yesterday marked Sage's official 5th birthday which meant it was time for a family celebration! She was so good and patient knowing she'd have to wait until after church to open up her presents which is a lot to ask of a five year old but she did it! It didn't help matters that I had yet to bake her a cake and needed some more time after church to get that done but thankfully I was saved by the doorbell and our wonderful home teachers Dan Willis and Carter Williams stopped by to drop off a special birthday cupcake for Sage which distracted her enough that I was able to get the cake done without too much complaining! We really do have the best home teachers!!!



Sage had already indicated first thing in the morning the order she'd be opening her gifts and since Ty had done something in the morning to upset her, she kept her promise of no longer opening his present first and started with the big one from mom and dad! Thankfully she was thrilled with her Barbie cruise ship which seemed appropriate for this year! If it's good for us, it's good for Barbie!!! Next Sage opened the Kinectimals xbox game that she had gotten from Grandma and Grandpa. (Well actually they had sent the money and I bought it for her knowing that although she had never heard of it, I was betting she'd be happy with it plus she now has an Xbox game she can call her own!) As you can see my creativity fizzled when it came time for this cake but at least I was able to stick to the "flower" theme...




Then each of the boys hustled out to the garage to get their presents. They both returned with a bouquet of flowers for Sage. Connor went with pink roses since pink is her favorite color and Ty went with sunflowers since that is her favorite flower. And finally it was time for Sage to open the much anticipated present from Ty, a barbie blanket that he had knitted all on his own. This was something he had worked very hard on and the excitement on his face as he watched her open it was soooooo sweet! Apparently because we live in a place where it rains a lot, the school tries to come up with indoor activities for the kids to do during recess. I guess there was demand for knitting so a classroom was dedicated for kids to work on their knitting during recess. I'm still not sure if it was out of the kindness of Ty's heart that he felt compelled to knit something for Sage or if it was more about hanging out with a class full of girls but whatever the reason he won over the hearts of plenty of the teachers when they learned he was making his sister a barbie blanket...



So there you have it! Another year gone by...

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Well it looks like she had a great birthday. I can't believe she is five years old. Where does the time go. And the flower cupcakes were adorable. I will definetly have to try that sometime.

tenacious d said...

So cute! I love that her brothers both got her flowers, as well as Ty knitting her Barbie a blanket. There couldn't be a better group of siblings in the whole world.