Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The ugly turned good: Basketball season!
So this week the boys got to celebrate the conclusion to their 1st basketball season. We were questioning whether there would be a second season as it was a bit amusing to watch those first couple games but in the end, they surprised us. They love the sport and improved DRASTICALLY! To the point that Ty got the award for being "Most Improved Player" and Connor got the award for "Best Defense". I think the Coach was right on. I don't think anyone that Connor was guarding ever got a basket and we were amazed with Ty's sudden agressiveness to get the ball in his possession and make baskets. We were proud of them both! I also have to laugh because when we learned their team name was the Penguins, all the parents were laughing wondering who would name a basketball team that. As it turned out, Ty had actually picked that name (not the coach) and his team mates had agreed up on it. That was until the 3rd game when it got changed to the Huskies. We are in Husky country out here and when you wear purple, it is a given that that is your team name... :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad that it turned out to be a good season and the boys had fun. Way to go Ty on "most improved" and Connor on "Bes Defense".
Kelly
Oh my goodness Laurie...I can't wait for the boys to be able to play some sports! And way to go on the awards! I bet the boys are super excited!!! :)
Post a Comment