Then we had a small party for them on their official birthday which is when we gave them their new bikes. Nothing like waiting until the last moment. I literally ran out on the morning of their birthday while they were at school and grabbed what I thought looked best. Ty loves the color yellow so I knew right away which one to get him and then Jack is a big Tony Hawk fan so I decided to grab one of those for Connor. I know the day will come very soon when I'll have to spend the big $$$ to get them the ones they want but for now ToysRUs works great and these ones looked pretty snazzy. We'll see how long they last.
Here they are posing with their bikes. Ty's has gears and Con's is more the bmx style.
Ty couldn't wait until the next afternoon to take his for a spin so dad pulled out the cars for a test ride that night!
And finally, just yesterday they had their birthday party with all their friends. I learned my lesson last year about not letting the numbers get too high and decided that instead of doing the same old Kids Bounce which is where most parties are held out here I'd try to think up something different. I came across a magician and thought that would be a fun, out of the norm idea. Indeed it was a HUGE success. His name was Turk the Genie. He's performed for many large corporations and schools and the reviews on his web site were great. He did not disappoint. We had a few minutes before our magician arrived so Jack started off the party performing a few magic tricks he had picked up at Disneyland on a business retreat. Connor also did a great job doing one of his. (We can't say the same for Ty but he tried...lol!) Here are some photos from their big day!
3 comments:
It looks like they had a great day. I am glad that the magician turned out to be a hit. It looks like they made out again with alot of gifts. I am glad that they had a good day.
Kelly
What a cute birthday. We had a magician one year for Spencer's birthday. Best money I ever spent for a birthday!
Happy big 7 to the boys! They crack me up! You have such a house full of life and I love the feeling I get everytime I come over there!:)
Post a Comment