Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Very Good: The best snow on earth all to ourselves!

We had another great time this year out in Utah for spring skiing and as usual we pretty much had the slopes all to ourselves. This time the boys only did one day of ski school since now they are to the point that they just need to keep practicing all that they've learned. Each day though they got a good taste of very different skiing conditions, all of which were very fun!



On our second day of skiing we were greeted by a foot of new snow. All that fresh powder did become a problem for Ty who loves to go through trees and found himself getting stuck. The boys are also now at a point where they prefer to ride the lift to the top of the mountain by themselves. (Something I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable watching them do!)



A white out at the top and before long they are out of our sight!



The boys love to ski through trees. Sometimes Ty gets a bit too adventurous targeting untouched areas. You'll see on one of his attempts to make his own trail he got a good dose of powder...



My three boys! Rarely did we ski past anyone or did anyone ski past us. The beauty of spring skiing in Utah where everyone else is sick of the snow I guess...



No broken bones and no frowns allowed! Another day with a happy ending for all!!!



On our last day of skiing, Connor just wanted to "stay home with Grandma and Sage and relax". We decided to take Ty up to Solitude since we had never skied there before. We were so proud of him for skiing the whole day without complaining about being tired or wanting to go home and hang out with Connor. By this day I was even really tired and could feel my body starting to drag. As much as Ty said he missed Connor, I think he enjoyed having mom and dad all to himself!



Jack is the King of turning an ordinary day into a really fun day. On Saturday, we all went bowling, ordered pizza, and the kids spent the evening dancing with all their cousins, aunts and uncles (minus Uncle Steve). Then at 8 p.m., I snuck out to play the role of Easter Bunny finding myself traveling from store to store in search of any leftover toys or treats to put in baskets...



Ok, so we didn't get a good Easter photo of everyone but here are a few from the day!



Here are a few random photos from the few days we spent with Grandma before Jack arrived into town. I love to take the kids up Provo Canyon and to Deer Creek. Robbie, the kind neighbor boy who got to know the boys after staying with us while attending a BYU game at UW, took the kids out for a spin on his scooter which they LOVED!



Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for another great visit! We'll see you soon!!!

6 comments:

Noelle said...

So glad there were no broken bones. Because I believe the last time I skied with you (for a YM/YW activity) is when you broke your leg!
SOOOO sad we didn't get to see eachother. Please let me know when your going to be here in August. Let's plan ahead this time! For sure, we'll pull it together.
Again, so sorry I had to cancel that night. So, how is exec. secretary? Gregg had his first meeting last night. Luckily, he couldn't have asked for a greater group of guys to work with. All with young families, so they all want to "get business done" as quickly as possible! If you know what I mean....
See you in August!!!!!!!!!!

The Knudsen Family said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time. It was so good to see you. We all had fun. Boston and Preston are still talking about Tyler, Connor, and Sage. Hope we can come back up when you are there this summer. I think Boston and Preston would love to go to the swimming pool.

Dion Seneca said...

Did we miss you again?! Bummer! It sounds like you were pretty busy this time around. We'll have to catch you next time. Glad you had fun!

Bailey Bunch said...

You always have such great adventures and trips!:) I am glad you had a great Spring Break!

teage-and-erin said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like you had an amazing time!!!! :) You big traveler you...

Mandy said...

Your kids are adorable...you have a beautiful family! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun & that's what it's all about!