Highlights of the weekend:
Rain: After arriving into Sacramento, I learn that the last time they have seen heavy rain was sometime in March. Interestingly enough it returned the day after I did... Apparently, it was very much needed and thankfully didn't last long.
Being able to see Paige and Genni: I was able to kill two birds with one stone and while attending my reunion, was able to meet up with a couple other friends. Paige and I hadn't seen each other in almost 15 years. She was a room mate of mine in College. It was so great to finally see her again and meet her sweet family. I was also able to catch up with Genni and Matt, some friends who used to live in Snoqualmie and have since returned back to their roots in Folsom. Paige is actually the one that connected me with Genni. If you're reading, you both have beautiful families and homes and I appreciated you sharing them with me for the weekend. It was so fun and I'll look forward to returning the favor in the near future! :)
Nagivator Heather: So Heather had printed out for us directions that were supposed to get us from the shopping mall where we would get our pedicures done to our hotel where we'd be staying. After driving around for way beyond the 2 miles noted and following every last turn that was given, she finally realizes that when she did the directions she somehow forgot to list the whole address for the hotel so the directions ended in "Roseville"....literally from the looks of where we ended it must have been the very spot where Roseville began.
Our "view": Upon arriving at our hotel (which is where the reunion is being held) I immediately ask what type of view we have. Under normal circumstances we would have preferred the "garden" view if such a view existed. The Hotel lady must have been shocked by our excitement when she not so eagerly said it was a view of the parking lot... Of course Heather's response was "perfect". Just like a couple of high schoolers we peeked out our hotel window trying to catch glimpses of what people were wearing as they arrived, making certain we wouldn't be too over or under dressed.
Reconnecting with people I hadn't seen in decades: I was very lucky to have such great friends growing up. They all now lead successful lives in one way or another and I feel lucky to know them. Heather and Michele were two of my closest friends in High School and thankfully are still like sisters to me. Missy, like many of my friends was one I had lost contact with after high school but whose family still kept in touch with mine. How great it was to reconnect with her and restart our friendship where it left off years ago.
Our sleepover: We stayed up into the early morning hours laughing and talking about our observations from the reunion! It was just like old times!
Driving around what used to be "home": Sadly, Roseville didn't feel like home now. It was strange driving around the old neighborhood, school, and streets of where I grew up. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that I felt lost, granted it had been almost 20 years since I'd been there.
I'm such a loser and didn't take one photo at the reunion. Thankfully Bev's husband captured this one of me, Heather, and Bev and then there are a couple that were taken the next day.

Heather and Nicole
Kristen, Missy, Michele, and Me
3 comments:
That sounded like you had a lot of fun Laurie. I can't believe you guys all attended after 20 years. The funny thing is that I had the biggest crush on Heather. She was a hottie. Good to see Michele and Missy as well. Was Stacy Holmstead there? Anyway it looked like a blast. Good for you.
Glad you were able to go and enjoy some time away. When are we doing lunch, slacker?!
I am so glad you had a great time at your reunion!:) It is always fun to get together with old friends and hang out. Thanks for being such a amazing woman and friend!:)
Post a Comment