Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The "adventure"

So this past Sunday Ty is sitting at the kitchen table writing letters. I didn't think anything of it until I hear him asking his dad if he'll take him over to Camille's house to drop off a letter to her. It was obviously urgent as he wasn't interested in waiting to take it to school the next day. Moments later, Jack has agreed. I ask Ty what exactly was in his letter to Camille and he responded that he was "inviting her on an adventure." I quietly reminded Jack that he'd better take a close look at exactly what Ty had written in this "letter" (which was already sealed in an envelope and covered with all sorts of stickers). I hadn't seen it for myself and since Jack was going to actually be taking Ty over to her house to deliver it, it made the invitation seem even that more authentic. Jack kind of brushed it off and the two of them jumped into the car.

I hadn't given it any more thought...until today! So this morning I get a call from Kiara's mom (another one of Ty's classmates). She mentions that Kiara had told her that "Ty invited me, Hallie, and Camille over for an adventure this Saturday and that it's OK with his mom". She was calling to get more details about this "adventure". We share a good laugh and although I'm tempted to let the adventure happen, since I'll be out of town, I know Jack would probably die if around noon kids start unexpectedly getting dropped off at the house. Shortly after Kiara's mom called, I hear the answering machine picking up another call. It is Camille's mom leaving a message. When I call her back, she too is asking for more details about this Saturday's "adventure". I alert Jack to let him know that parents were RSVP'ing for this Saturday and that he may want to take Ty's silly notes a bit more serious.

The jury is still out on if the "adventure" will actually take place since Jack will have to be in charge of it. When I asked one of the parents if it was clear as to what type of adventure Ty said it would be, all they said was some sort of hiking adventure. All I know is that the idea of Jack, Connor, Sage, Ty, and the "ladies" all hiking together is enough to make me laugh and wonder just what adventures am I missing out on...Jack with the kids for three nights or Jack hiking with the troops. All I know is that this adventure will be one that I won't be participating in!!! :)

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is so funny that Ty did that. I just can't believe that he thinks of the things that he does. He even knew to put in there that it was ok with his mom. Too funny.

SusGus said...

I love this! I can't wait to hear Jack's plan for hiking with 6 kids!

Dion Seneca said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about the "adventure" if it really takes place. Hilarious!