Thursday, October 23, 2008

That darn tooth fairy...

So without any warning, Ty suddenly loses another tooth last night. Of course, I have yet to stock up on singles and immediately as he called down from the shower right before bedtime alerting me of the exciting news I knew I would be in the same predicament as last time (but without the panic as I knew my own personal ATM existed on the top shelf of Sagie's room closet). So this morning Sage does her normal morning yell to me to come get her and at that time I remembered that I had yet to fulfill my duties as "fairy" so I quickly jumped out of bed, rushed to the piggy bank, stuffed the money in an envelope and rushed into the boys' bedroom hoping they hadn't woken up yet. Of course this would be the night that the two of them would be crammed together on the bottom bunk making it a bit more difficult to be sneaky. It didn't help that as I entered the room the darn squeaky door caused Ty to wrestle around. I carefully was able to grab the Ziploc bag from under his pillow which included his note and tooth but knew that I'd be asking for trouble trying to put the envelope under his pillow so I placed it on his top bunk. So an hour or so later we hear this blood curdling screaming coming from the bedroom and then the fast paced run that accompanies that towards our bedroom. Connor yells in his angry voice, "The tooth fairy is a criminal. She took Ty's tooth without leaving anything for him". (It is clear that Connor was as devastated over the incident as Ty.) We mention that perhaps the tooth fairy left the delivery on Ty's bed rather than where Ty was actually sleeping to prevent Ty from being woken up. They both run back to the room and see that that is the case. I knew I was in trouble when Ty then says, "I can't wait to read the letter she wrote", knowing in my desire to be swift this morning I neglected to write a note. Then I hear, "I'm going to have to write the tooth fairy a letter telling her I don't want any more money". WHAT? Is he kidding? What does he want? I never received a clear answer but realized that my sweet Ty actually was more excited about the note that I neglected to write than anything else. Or is he perhaps on to my tricks...Connor did mention the tooth fairy was a "criminal".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!! Accusing the tooth fairy of being a criminal. I love it!!

The Knudsen Family said...

Too funny! Those two just make me laugh. I have a feeling Boston and Preston are going to be just about the same.

Dion Seneca said...

I would keep working the "no money" angle. That might work for you!

Noah discovered a stash of old teeth the other day as Tom was cleaning out his closet. No more need to sneak around him.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! That picture is so cute-the look of brotherly love in Connor's eyes is so sweet!

Bailey Bunch said...

That is the cutest picture of the boys! I love how Tyler made post it notes and stuck them on us the other night in order of who came to the house. What fun kids you have!:)

The Reynolds Family said...

That is the funniest story! I love the stories you have of your boys! They just make me want to roll on the ground..Criminal! That is hilarious!