The preparations:
The costumes (Ninja, Wolverine and Witch):
The Excitement: Sage cracked us up because she would run from house to house, while the boys casually walked. She would then frantically search for the door bell and then position herself right in front! Although she was unable to outlast Ty, she proudly outlasted Connor (as you can see from her pure excitement here).
The final outcome: Perhaps the "criminal" in the family will have to assist with all that candy or else we may see a few more visits from the tooth fairy in the near future.
The sugar rush: Although it didn't have much of an affect on the boys, you can see that was not the case with Sage. (It also affected her ability to sit lady-like.)
The UGLY:
So around 10:30 p.m. the kids are all in bed and Jack and I are up in our bedroom watching TV when we hear this noise outside our home which is clearly someone attacking our poor pumpkins. We run downstairs to find some hoodlums running down the street. The devastation on the doorstep was something Jack didn't want the boys to see as they'd be heartbroken so he disposed of all the evidence and thankfully we had our first winter wind storm last night and this morning when the boys noticed the pumpkins gone, it was pure delight to hear them say "oh no! Our pumpkins must have blown away in the wind." Shortly after they were down the street looking for them knocking on neighbors doors asking if they had seen them. In the end they concluded they must have rolled down the street and bounced onto the golf course. Sounds good!
5 comments:
I am still amazed at Jack's excellent pumpking carving. I wish I could do that. I settle for the fake pumpkins that are already carved and have light in them. All I have to do is plug it in. One of these years he will have to give me a lesson. Your kids made out with so much candy. Ours only made it to about 6 houses. But thats ok I will end up eating it all and that is the last thing I need. Good Costumes too.
You left out the part about Jack's Starsky and Hutch adventure in the truck trying to chase down the deviant pumpkin-smashers. That's the best part! :)
Those are some cute pictures of your kids. They sure loaded up on some candy! That is pretty crazy about the pumpkin snatchers. I want to hear the part about Jack. you will have to fill me in!:)
Wow, looks like Ty has a year of free martial arts classes coming his way!
-Gary
Darn pumpkin-stealing-hooligans! Well, you saved them forever digitally. Nice work! I love the pic of Sagey with her mouth open to eat the "guts"!!!!!
Post a Comment