Monday, October 20, 2008

It's pumpkin time...

and my second attempt at growing pumpkins in the backyard backfired again this year. You might need a magnifying glass to see it but the result of my gardening are not the mums but the little green golf ball sized thing next to them:



Until I can get this figured out we'll stick to the annual visit to Remlinger Farms for a fun filled afternoon of food, rides, and of course pumpkins. Here are a few photos from the day. By the end of the day the patch felt as if it had made it's way to our home with my porch covered with 10 pumpkins and the backseat of my car covered in mud.

Don't know what the draw is to jumping around in hay but it had to be the highlight of the day!





Playing in piles of pumpkins:





Fun times (notice Jack screaming like a baby on the pumpkin ride with Sage and Connor, drawing all sorts of attention to himself):





And thanks to Ty Bailey for capturing this picture (without us even knowing at the time) of us on the roller coaster as a family. As you can see Sage continues to copy everything her brothers do...




The pumpkin patch:


6 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That looks like alot of fun. We have one pumpkin on our steps.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

All your photos turned out so cute! I love the sweet, tender moments you captured. :) Ah, precious. It's VERY CLEAR that family is the most important thing to both you and Jack. I really admire that about you. I also admire how you manage to keep up on all your friends' blogs!

Casey said...

How fun!!! What an awesome pumpkin patch! I love your little pumpkin. Too funny! Keep trying! I on the other hand will continue to buy them at walmart. :)

Bailey Bunch said...

I am glad your family had a blast at Remlinger!:). You do have a adorable and happy family. We feel so blessed to call you guys friends!:)

The Knudsen Family said...

I didn't even notice the picture before but I was looking again today. I can't believe Sage will ride on that little roller coaster. I know my boys would have nothing to do with it. What a brave girl.

Dion Seneca said...

That looks like SOOO much fun! And, oh how I miss those fall colors! The pumpkin patch isn't nearly as much fun in 90 degree weather surrounded by red dirt.