Poor Ty has been awaiting the loss of one of his teeth since this summer when Connor lost his first one. His wait ended yesterday and what a joyful moment it was for him!!! He was so excited that the first thing he did was run across the street (without me even knowing) to tell his buddy Joseph that "something special" had happened. Within a few minutes he had written a letter to the tooth fairy and his teacher sharing the news. So fast forward a few hours, it's bedtime and Ty is putting his letter and tooth neatly under his pillow. At that moment I started to panic knowing that I had just spent my last few dollars at the McDonald's drive-thru earlier in the day. I quickly realized that I had no other choice but to raid Ty's piggy bank (which thankfully is loaded with singles) in order to deliver the money that he had been anxiously awaiting for for so long. Had he not waited soooo long to have his first tooth fall out I probably could have pushed the fairy's visit back a day or two and used the "weather must have been a problem for the fairy" excuse.
I had to laugh inside when this morning as he's walking out the door to school he says "mom, can you make sure this money gets into my piggy bank while I'm at school?" Yes, I thought, right back where it came from...

So tonight I have a get together happening at my house to celebrate the birth of a friend's sweet baby girl. Shar knows how jealous I am of her as she was blessed with four daughters and one son (a far different scenario than the four brothers I grew up with). So last night I decided to attempt another diaper cake to use as a centerpiece. The funny part was when I came back downstairs to finish working on it, I returned to find Ty had made his own version of a diaper cake, set it next to mine, and even included a sign taped to the table that said "Ty's".
4 comments:
I hope you are all having fun at the shower...I'm sorry to be missing out:(.
Anyway, I love that Ty ran to tell the neighbor before he told you...classic!!
Kalli hasn't lost a tooth yet but is wiggling everything in her mouth in hopes that she can jar something loose. :) Thanks for hosting last night, great turn out! And it was so fun to catch up with you over lunch yesterday. I buy next time! Love ya- Mara
Laurie,
That tooth fairy story sounds like something out of Mom's playbook! (Luv ya mom) Anyway, sounds like you are having fun and are in Snoqualmie to stay. Kelly, the boys and I will have to come visit some time. -Gary
That is so cute. Gosh, those boys are always full of surprises and doing the cutest things. I love that diaper cake, very cute idea. I agree with Gary, I want to come for a visit too. Maybe a little family reunion in Washington!
Post a Comment