Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh My Ty!

Ty, not excited about being put into a time out by his dad decides he's "moving out". You'll notice the packed suitcase (which even included his piggy bank) attached to his go cart. He meant business!!!



Looking for a reason to come back after we didn't go running after him but instead peeked out the window watching him, he returned and said he had forgotten a couple things. I then reminded him that we would be so sad to not have him with us for our fall vacation, then Jack casually mentioned that Connor would now be the beneficiary of all of Ty's future Christmas presents. At this point you could see his mind working. He returned and said he was "still running away but not until after Christmas when I get my motorized go cart". As you can see running away would be easier with the go cart that has the engine.



So within a short while, he is happy to be at home and our smart child has again worked the system to his advantage because through all of that we forgot to return him to his original time-out.

Later today, this is what was taking place on our stairs. Leave it to Ty to come up with this on his own. He even placed a blanket at the bottom that would slide across the floor as he landed on it.



Of course, Sage has to give it a try but she drags Ty to the stairs she feels more comfortable doing...

4 comments:

Casey said...

Ty is so funny! And, yes, running away will be so much easier with the motorized scooter but by then it will be really cold outside, so hopefully that will keep him grounded. I love Sage's face as she's about to go down. Creative little ones aren't they?

The Knudsen Family said...

Holy cow I was rolling on the floor with that post! I remember having those days with mom and dad growing up. By the way the earlier post was a hoot as well. Ty must surely get all of the ladies with that speedo.
Also Happy Birthday on Wednesday if I forget. :)

Dion Seneca said...

I'm so glad I saw the previous post to know that it was your birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little early--which is very, very rare...I usually forget altogether or remember WAY after the fact.)

Anywhoo...that was hilarious! Ty is a character, isn't he?!

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Hilarious!!!! Such creativity. The helmets and the blanket were wise choices. I love how Sagie had her own age-appropriate version of the ride.