Anyways, since Jack was away for my birthday it was nice to have my great friends and family who remembered (something I can rarely claim to do) and made me feel special. Gina, thanks again for lunch and making the drive out to my neck of the woods. You got off the hook with a photo! Below is a picture of my other sweet friends Amanda, Erin, Jen, Rachel, Marlo, Somer and I enjoying a celebratory dinner which got me out of my house for a few hours to have that much needed girl time. Thanks for the yummy food, cards, and gifts! I can hardly wait for our weekly girls night to start up again this week.
I know Amanda is going to kill me for posting this shot but I had to....
Anyways, enough about me growing older and onto better things. No hair losing stories involving the boys this week (since I can't blame them for the hair loss that took place at the salon) but I did notice that my more recent posts spent a lot of time talking about Ty and Sage and I felt bad that unknowingly I had very few posts that included Connor. Probably because Connor is our child that manages to fly under the radar much of the time. We were so proud of him today when he took on Ty's responsibility at Church to read an assigned scripture in primary (which is in front of a larger group of kids). Ty was all bent out of shape about having to read in front of everyone so without hesitating Connor offered to do it for him. He did and did a great job. Connor has such a strong desire to always try his best to be good and choose the right and what a joy it is to have his sweet spirit in our home. Here's my handsome boy who I happened to capture while taking Sage's photo:
Jack and I were over in Singapore years ago (before the kiddos) and for memory sake we brought back a bunch of kids sized robes, pj's and dresses that they were selling all over the streets there. Ty has gotten plenty use from his robe and pj's (see Hugh Hefner photo below) but I had forgotten about the dresses we had stashed away. Finally, almost 10 years after being purchased, Sage debuts the dress today. Here she is:
And finally, thanks Erin for forwarding on this lovely photo you took of us last Saturday at the party! Nothing beats a photo with John Wayne...
7 comments:
Happy Birthday a little late. Sorry I am so bad at b-day's. I am glad you had a good day and that you have good friends to get you out to do something fun. You need to post a better picture of you and your new haircut. I am sure it is not as bad as you think. That picture of Connor is so cute. He is such a sweet boy. And Sage in the dress is precious.
hey girl, Thanks for letting me serve you ladies on your b-day it was way fun. I will see you tonight girls time here we come.
luv ya
Okay, so where is the hair cut?! You can't get away with that description and not give us a visual!
That other night was a lot of fun.:) What am I saying, we always have a lot of fun on our girls nights!:) I am glad you birthday was a good one and we could celebrate with you. I also love the post about Connor. He is such a sweatheart!:) Love ya!
Glad that I could be of service! :) That photo was hilarious!!!!
Thanks for being a good friend, and happy birthday!
Hi Laurie,
I'm so sorry I couldn't make it... I love the pictures and it looks like you had a great birthday. By the way your hair looks nothing like a mullet, mine on the other hand totally does!
Erin :)
Hey Laurie...I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to photo shop myself into your birthday party pictures! (j/k) So wish I had been there. We could compare birthday cake induced muffin tops. :)
Post a Comment