-The boys hiking to the top of the "Y" mount (and Sage making it to the top on Jack's shoulders!) I wasn't there to capture this amazing moment on photo, but you can imagine how disappointed I was to not be included in this activity on a hot 90 degree day ... :)
-Swimming, swimming, and swimming. The boys scored some nice tans. I scored some scaly dry skin! Jack still has pasty white skin.
-Spending an evening with our friends Craig and Andrea at Sundance doing the twilight chair lift ride and almost losing my thong. (I've since learned the proper word is flip flop.) The funniest thing is while we were laughing about that another chair goes past us with people singing church hymns. It's amazing what laughs you get from hearing some small part of someone else's conversation as they go by. Next trip we're going to rent us some of these...
-We are lucky to have so many friends that either now live in Utah or vacation there so this visit we were able to meet up with some of our NY friends, Anne, Craig and Andrea, Marilee and Jon, and Ted and Julie. We sure miss you guys and enjoyed hanging out with you!
-Returning back to Sundance to do the chairlift with the family. Once we got to the top the boys enjoyed searching for the largest grass hoppers they could find. I thought I was going to have to explain the birds and the bees when Ty brought me these two grasshoppers enjoying one another...
-Renting a speed boat on Deer Creek and watching the boys fly around on the inner tube. Grandpa, good for you for jumping right on without hesitating. I was a bit of a wimp and finally got on at the end of the day. Thankfully my arms are still attached. I was worried I was going to lose them the way Paul was driving the boat...
-Enjoying Provo Canyon. We love going up the canyon and hanging out on the river. There are so many great places for the kids to wade around in. It was sad on this visit to see the fires above Bridal Veil falls.
-Jack also got in his fair share of activity playing raquet ball, volleyball, and softball. Too bad he now has a groin injury to show for it...
-Not cooking for a month!!! Thanks mom for all the great meals.
-Connor losing his first tooth!
-Actually completing the Stephanie Meyers vampire series. I never have time to read normally.
-And finally, hanging out with my family. Thanks mom and dad for letting us take over your basement. It was a blast.
3 comments:
Oh, it looks like you had a great visit! I wish I knew you were going to be in Utah for a whole month. We totally would have taken the trip up to see you! We were just waiting for an excuse for a vacation the whole summer.
Wow! What an awesome summer! I love the pictures! Your boys are so handsome and that little Sage is the cutest!
It looks like you all had such a GREAT time! What a fun way to end the summer!!
Post a Comment