School's in session! What can I say...I love it! I will admit there was not one tear shed this week. How could I be sad when I would now be getting over seven hours of peace a day. Sure, there is Sage but she is easy when not being provoked by busy brothers. As I watched the boys jump onto the same bus this year to go to the same school even attending the same class I almost felt guilty for the excitement that filled me, especially since just a few weeks ago as we were gaining altitude before our skydiving jump my instructor asked if I liked being a stay at home mom. It took me a moment to respond which I assumed was because at that point in time my mind was elsewhere, thinking about the thought of jumping out of a perfectly fine airplane, possibly having said my final farewells to my children. But what makes being a stay at home mom so great? This past week the question popped into my mind a dozen times. I've heard people say "I was born to be a mom" or "being a mom is the best job in the world" but now that my job of being mom has been cut to part-time (at least as far as the boys go) aren't I a tad bit too excited? Perhaps I'm more of a part-time kind of mom! :)
In the meantime, here are a couple pictures of the joyous occasion...
5 comments:
Oh that sounds like fun. The boys look so cute on their first day of school. Don't feel bad for being so excited. I totally see where you are coming from. I find myself longing for the day I can even send my boys out for 1/2 day. I know you are not supposed to wish the time away because I know how quickly it will come but it will be nice to have a little free time. You are a great mom and everyone deserves a break for a little bit.
Kelly
If you think about the hours you put in doing SAHM stuff, then you will realize that even with the boys at school, you are more than a full-time mom! School is great...for everyone!!
As for the clips and boys on Lyla. I don't give Tom any say on that. I figure that he can say what goes with the boys, but the girls are mine!! Thankfully he doesn't seem to have any problem with that. Sometimes he rolls his eyes when one of the girls has a hat on with a flower bigger than her face, but he never insists on having me take it off her. Accessories are the fun part of little girls!!
Amen Sista! I totally understand everything you just blogged. It's like I just need a little time to myself so I can be a better mom and enjoy it more. Your boys are sooooo cute!!!! Wow! They are really growing up! So, where are you guys now? We still haven't sold our house yet! It really stinks but what can a person do. I know you understand! love ya!
I love all your pictures. It was great hanging today at the park. I love Tyler's hair by the way!;) Your kids are adorable and have a amazing mother!:) Yeah for our girls nights again!
That reminds me of a book I just started reading called: I am a Mother. I guess it's inspired by the question, "what do you do?" ]
I love the picture of Tyler in front of the bus doing a dance or something!
Post a Comment