Now I talk about loving to travel to warm places but Mesa, AZ gives whole new meaning to "warm places". It was record heat this past weekend, 108 degrees. (Apparently we missed record heat here in Snoqualmie too!) Our main purpose was obviously not about vacationing but anytime I get a weekend with Jack but without the kids, well, I classify that as vacation. I can say my trip through airport security was pleasurable. For once I stood there without sweat dripping down my head as I frantically try to hold a toddler while collapsing a stroller, get everyone's shoes off, peel away a sippy cup, get everyone's shoes back on, figure out where my boarding passes are, and make it to our gate on time, only to find out we have been delayed... Instead, I enjoyed the moment. While we were enjoying our peaceful moments in Arizona without the kiddos, there was a wonderful woman slaving in my home taking care of the troops.....my mom! Thanks mom for holding down the fort. Below are a few photos from her visit including a photo of her giving Sage her first baby dolls and buggy for her birthday. Now I just have to listen to the boys fight over who gets to play dad. As you can see in one photo, Ty has taken on that responsibility.
So today I'm driving my mom to the airport when as I'm cruising down the Parkway and just about entering onto the highway I see blinking lights positioned on top of a vehicle following behind me. Within a second comes the embarrassing racket over the loudspeaker "please pull over to the shoulder". I really was shocked because although I tend to travel at great speeds most of the time, I was certain this was not one of those times. The officer approaches the car and asks for the usual but while he is doing this there is a soft voice coming from behind me saying "Hey, I'm gonna be a Police Man when I grow up too." Connor repeats it again but it was clear the officer wasn't hearing him. Finally the officer hears what Connor is saying and responds something about what a great job it is and continues back to his car with my documents. Within seconds he was back at my window and said "I just can't give a ticket to a future mother of a cop!" And away we went. I owe you Connor. Someday when you are old enough to drive and get that first dreaded ticket, remind me of this incident.
4 comments:
Way to go Connor! You have the cutest family. It is so fun to read and see pictures of ya'll and keep up with you! Yea for blogs!
Oh, yes, I agree with you about ANY time away from the kids classifying as a vacation. I hope I get one of those soon!
Don't you love it when your kids get you out of a ticket!?
Ohhhh...I need to teach Luke that trick! Nice job Connor!!
Connor is wise beyond his years! Never have you been so happy to have your kids in the car I bet!
Post a Comment