
After a wonderful morning with Connor at Mothers Day Tea in his classroom on Friday and a successful birthday party for Sage that afternoon, Jack took the boys on their first camping trip, the annual father son camp out with the church. Admittedly, I had a picture in my mind of the three of them, sleeping cozy in two zipped together sleeping bags when suddenly Jack would feel a warm dampness making it's way toward his body. I know my boys well enough to know that if they woke up feeling as if they had to go to the bathroom, and knew it meant having to go outside the tent and down a path to a patch of trees in the dark, quiet night....well, you can imagine, I knew that would be the last option they'd choose, even if it meant sleeping in wet sleeping bags for the rest of the night. Thankfully that picture never played out and they had a great time swinging from a rope swing, roasting marshmallows, and hiking around. The best part of the trip though was what was happening an hour away from all that dirt back at home. Sage and I were enjoying our first girls only sleep over consisting of Sage and me. The evening began hanging out with some friends (thanks Susannah,
Sommer, and Heather) and letting a bunch of under age campers play around together. Then after returning home, I enjoyed an evening of peace.
After the troops returned Saturday morning from a successful camping trip, Jack persuaded me to spend the rest of the day shopping for myself as a Mothers Day treat. To just be able to browse on my own without interruption was heavenly. And to complete the day, we had friends over for dinner.
Although I always imagine Mothers Day as a day filled with lines like "mom, is there anything I can get for you?" or "please mom, you go rest for the day", in the end, I'm just thankful there is someone there to call me mom. I am blessed.
And I cannot close without mention of the wonderful mom I have been blessed with. She is everything I am not and a pure example of who I hope to become. I love you mom.
2 comments:
"I'm just thankful there is someone there to call me mom." - love this! I couldn't have said it better myself (obviously)
I am glad you had a nice Mothers Day!:) Thanks for hosting Bachelor nights, they have been fun! By the way, I love your taste of music. I was listening to your playlist and loved a lot of those songs. I remember the Verve. Crazy!:)
Post a Comment