Friday, June 13, 2025

And they're off...

After the beautiful wedding in Idaho, Ty and Ashley made their way back to Salt Lake to catch their flight to Cabo! I can only imagine the mental countdown they had going on in their head to this date when they could finally take a short breather before moving onto their next adventure!  I found a hotel that was in a great location and offered a wedding package where they were able to enjoy massages, a dinner and photo session on the beach!  


There was still one last celebration though that needed to happen before Ty and Ash could make the move to Seattle for Ty's summer internship...and that was our open house.  So shortly after returning from their honeymoon it was time for one last celebratory evening. Having lived in different places, we've been fortunate to form close friendships with many friends along the way.  Coincidentally, many of those friends have also found themselves living back in Utah so we decided it would be nice to host an open house in our Heber home for those friends, many we hadn't yet had the opportunity to reunite with since moving to Utah. What a surprise it was to have friends we had first met dating back to our college, New York, Seattle, Ohio, and Florida days in addition to colleagues of Jack's here in Utah and friends we had met since moving here merge together to support us and show up. It was a beautiful night and I'm so glad we had a great excuse to spend time with these friends. Being that we were the hosts, I'm really sad I didn't get photos with everyone that came through our doors that evening as it was a constant flow but here are a few shots I managed to get at the very beginning and the very end.  






Two families merged!  Sadly, the day Ty and Ash left for Cabo, Connor left for Florida to start his internship for AG Reserves so he's missing from this photo but he was here in spirit!
The best help ever!  I don't know what I would have done without Paul and Camilla and the George's.  Such a tremendous help to me.

And a shoutout to Paul (and Sage) for escorting our guests up and down the driveway throughout the evening!

No comments: