Saturday, March 25, 2023

Another Utah visit!

While the construction process in Utah continues to drag on so does the Utah winter, and boy what a winter they are having. Of course the year we choose to finally build in Utah, is the year Mother Nature decides to make up for the past decade of drought conditions. But what a welcome sight it will be if we can see the local reservoirs that were probably at the lowest we'd ever seen them just six months ago start to finally fill back up.  In the meantime, I sure enjoy my trips out to spend time with Jack and my family, and check on the house! 

How wonderful it was to drive up to Sundance and see this stack of snow at our friend's neighborhood entry station.

Bridal Veil Falls frozen



While the trips out to Utah are heavily focused on the home build, how grateful I am for the time it's allowed me to spend with my parents while I am in town.  It's only because of them and their decision over three decades ago to move to Utah that Jack and I have decided to build a life there as we age and see our kids leave the nest.  If it weren't for all the wonderful memories we created over the years, whether it was winter and spring ski trips or summers in Utah I have no doubt there wouldn't be the same pull to return to the state Jack and I originally met.  This home away from home that we've always felt so welcome in as we created a life outside of Utah is a big reason we have such a desire to return.  Countdown to the day when coming to visit my parents doesn't require a plane ride... 

Speaking of which, here is a photo of my sweet mom that I snapped while out on this trip.  Love her so much!     


No comments: