After a four year hiatus, how fun it was to have Andrea back in Florida for a visit! Between Covid, kids leaving for college, missions, etc. we had not been able to find a time that worked until now. Ironically, I ended up catching Covid about a week before she arrived. Seriously, to have made it to 2023 with never having Covid and then to get it right before she arrived seemed cruel. The funny thing is that the last time she was out, she had called me shortly before her arrival to alert me she was recovering from a case of shingles. Well, we didn't let that stop us then and as you can tell, we didn't let this stop us now, especially knowing I was probably through the most contagious part. Thankfully, aside from feeling a little weak and tired at times, we had a great time and I wasn't responsible for contaminating anyone else!
I had really been looking forward to taking Andrea to tube down Rock Spring. I knew she would really enjoy it and the last time she was here I didn't even know about it so this was at the top of my list of places to take her to see. There is such a peaceful vibe here too, at least until you come upon the alligator warning sign just before putting your tube into the water...



Finally, we made it to the beach! I guess the third time is the charm since it took Andrea three visits to Florida before we made it! We went to Wilbur by the Sea, one of my favorite beaches on the east coast of Florida and it never disappoints. Sadly, as you can see there was still plenty of damaged beach front homes that had yet to be renovated after last year's hurricane.















No comments:
Post a Comment