Wednesday, January 11, 2023

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Some traditions never go away including photos with Santa!  And thankfully Sage continues to humor me by being a good sport!  Couldn't help but giggle inside when Sage offered to stand by Santa (recognizing she was probably the oldest/biggest kid in line) for a photo and he instead insisted she come sit on his lap. We chose to see it as sweet rather than creepy...lol!

Round two of trying to capture a couple photos for this year's Christmas card...


Christmas Eve! I don't know if it was that I did a terrible job restringing lights around the tree in places that the prelit sections had gone out or if yet another section of the tree had gone out without me realizing it but it wasn't until I saw this photo that I realized that this poor tree seems to be on it's last leg...


Christmas and our traditional prime rib dinner!


How fun it was to have one of Connor's mission companions, Elder Esplin, reach out to let us know he'd be in town over the holidays and wanted to meet us. What a sweet young man Chase is and how fun it was to hear him share memories from his time serving with Connor.  Disney Springs at Christmas is always fun too!


































Definitely one of the special times of this season was watching my sweet friend Guinevere, who has been battling cancer for over 6 years, radiating as she enjoyed a beautiful Christmas party she and her husband hosted, after dealing with a year of declining health.  Guinevere and I quickly became friends after meeting at a high school swim meet that our boys were competing in during their sophomore year. She was always so complimentary of Ty, encouraging him to get him involved in a club team which he later did. Since that time our friendship grew. We shared a love for watermelon, Italian ice, and fresh strawberries.  It wasn't out of the ordinary for me to get a text from her that she would be having one of her boys drop off a watermelon she had grabbed for me at a local stand or offering to help me when Jack was out of town, whether it be accompanying me to drop off a car for service or helping me get sage to an appointment when I had a conflict. I always responded that I was fine, and instead commented on how I should be the one reaching out to her, as she split her time between countless doctor appointments and managing two really successful but busy kids. She was also quick to offer up her husband Jeremy to help. While I never took her up on her offers, I will never forget her example of being such a good friend. How grateful I am for the friendship we shared and the opportunity I had to be by her side as she neared the end of her earthly time. Her example of always being positive during the most difficult of times, putting her kids first, and fighting her hardest until the end will be with me forever. This will always be one of my favorite photo of her.  Until we meet again my friend...


No comments: