Of course one of the things I was excited to do was get in some golfing with all three of my boys! Jack has been good about getting some use from our membership by taking the boys golfing on weekends he is in town but with the season about end in a couple weeks it was so nice for the four of us to get in a few rounds together. It was also a treat having Paul join us on one of the days even if he didn't golf and just came for the ride since his back was giving him trouble! We sure always enjoy his company.
It's not often you find a presidential ball on the course! And what perfect timing with it being just weeks before the general election. Was it a sign?!?
There are a couple holes on the course that offer a view of our lots in the distance. If you click on this photo I circled where our house should sit. It will be interesting after it is completed to take another photo from this spot to see how close I was!
One night after Jack got off of work we drove up to Squaw Peak to watch the sun set. It had been a while since we had done that. Such a beautiful sight. And in typical fashion, within a few days fall vanished and what felt like winter had arrived in Provo...
We popped in on this gang the Sunday before I was to head back to Florida! Always love seeing them!
Another highlight of this trip was being able to get together with so many friends from so many different chapters of my life who live in or around Utah county. Over the years it's gotten more difficult to get together with many of them during our summer visits because it's such a busy time but this trip was the perfect opportunity to spend time with so many of them! From Mike and Gina who now live in Utah to my dear friend Martha, to Kristen who i've been able to see every couple years, to Lacey and Rylee who have followed us from OH to FL to UT, what a great time I had meeting over meals or just visiting with them. This was an especially exciting visit though because I also was finally able to meet up with my long lost friends Noelle and Stacy. We had talked a handful of times on the phone over the course of the past twenty years but until now had never been able to meet up in person. We finally made it happen and what a great time we had. We spent hours laughing and reminiscing on old times. I feel so lucky to have so many wonderful friends in my life who really do fill the void of not having any sisters.
I was so glad to see Covid hadn't killed off all traditions. You know there is a BYU football game taking place when you see the lit up 'Y' on the mountain. Spectators or not...
I'm sure going to miss these boys but thankfully they'll be back in Florida in a matter of weeks!
So that's my two week getaway to Utah! How much I look forward to being out there with Jack on a more permanent basis. Countdown to groundbreaking...


















No comments:
Post a Comment