Sunday, December 8, 2019

Getting into the spirit of Christmas!

After successfully getting the house decorated for Christmas before heading out to Utah for Thanksgiving and then getting our photo with Santa done while out in Utah during Thanksgiving I was feeling a step ahead of where I normally am this time of year. Of course in addition to all the holiday shopping and menu planning that had yet to be done the holiday photo and newsletter still loomed in the background, but I was determined to get the card out and keep the tradition alive...even if sending out cards is beginning to feel like a dying tradition and does stress me out each year. To be honest, if I hadn't a binder full of our annual newsletters dating back to the 90's and acts as a diary of sorts outlining the highlights of each year, I'd have stopped the tradition a long time ago but I love my holiday binder where I can go back through the years and see each photo with Santa, card, and holiday newsletter all in one place.

So next came the moment everyone dreads in the Roddy house...the moment I'm yelling for everyone to quickly throw on something decent and meet me in the backyard for that annual last minute holiday photo attempt. Like all years, there are usually a couple attempts and this year was no different. We tried everything from setting up the camera on the tripod with the timer to having our landscaper attempt to snap a couple as he worked in the yard, to finally having my neighbor run over to work some magic. Luckily, she did not disappoint and captured one photo decent enough to send out to the masses. We really are due for a professional family photo but between Jack having his head shaved weeks before Christmas (albeit for an amazing and wonderful cause) to me waiting until the last moment to think about hiring someone, it just wasn't going to happen this year. So here is our photo and a few activities that Sage and I still managed to squeeze in in between the craziness of the holiday rush!

Merry Christmas from the Roddy's!



Getting into the spirit with holiday decorations and lighting!




Making gingerbread houses and memories with Sage!


No comments: