Friday, August 19, 2016

Two crazy freshmen and one sweet 5th grader in the house!

Well hello high school! I can't believe you are already here!!! How did these two sweet little boys turn into such handsome, high school attending young men already?!? After much thought and discussion with the kids about starting school in Orlando or here in Mason, we settled on sticking around in Mason for one semester. From the outside this decision probably doesn't make sense and had we found the lot we're building on during that first house hunting trip we would have made the transition mid summer but not knowing exactly where we'd be living until a couple weeks before school started was making everything feel rushed so in the end as hard as it is for Jack to be commuting every week and the family to be apart, this felt like the best option for the kids and they agreed. The boys had been really looking forward to participating on the HS water polo team here in Mason since they had been practicing with the high schoolers last year while in middle school plus they had already been attending preseason practices. They were also excited about a couple of their electives they were scheduled to take and being late registrants in Orlando would have probably meant left over elective choices. So staying put really felt like the best option with the least amount of change involved. I'm sure December won't be an easy month for us but I have no doubt that the December weather in Florida will be a helpful incentive... :)

Here the boys are at the HS Open House with Mia learning where their lockers are and getting familiar with where their classes will be! I can say I was out of breath by the time we had walked their schedules...geesh! Certainly not the same size high school I attended!!!



Next it was time for Sage to meet her teachers and learn where her classroom and locker would be! LOVE her teachers!



First day of school means first day of early morning seminary! For a long time I have dreaded the day our kids were old enough to attend seminary but to my surprise they are loving it so I'm learning to stop complaining about driving them at 5:45 a.m. and instead use that energy to countdown until they get their drivers license. lol! It makes my heart happy to hear how much they are enjoying it though and I have no doubt that the sweet compliments I've received about them over the past couple weeks from both their water polo coach and a couple parents on the team can partially be credited back to this time they are devoting to learning about their Savior.



As you can see this was a wet first day of school. The first wet one we've had since moving here. I guess mother nature is making up for the unseasonably dry summer we had here.



I have no doubt this is going to be a great year and I really believe that no matter where our little seeds are planted, they will flourish! Best wishes for a great year ahead!!!

No comments: