So how did we celebrate? A trip to Blaze Pizza, some Hello Dolly bars, and a punching bag set! Why a punching bag set? Well, every time Jack takes them into Dick's Sporting Goods they can't help themselves and always have to throw a couple punches at the punching bag they have set up so Jack thought it would be a great birthday gift! Sure enough, they were pleased!

Fast forward 2 1/2 weeks and we learned BYU squeaked into the NCAA tournament. Even better they'd be playing just up the road in Dayton. They don't give you much notice as the game was two days away and of course this was a week Jack was out of town but thankfully I was able to find someone to watch Sage and get a hold of some tickets just hours before the game. I surprised the boys and told them since we hadn't come up with a cool birthday plan I thought they'd enjoy going to the game with one of their best friends Spencer! They couldn't have been happier...well that was until the second half of the game. At that point they could have been a lot happier. It was a sad death for BYU especially after a 17 point lead at the half but it was fun to at least be a part of a tournament game and a relief to know I'm off the hook for another year!


.jpg)
13th birthday celebrated...check!
No comments:
Post a Comment