At the end of the day though, the thing that makes me happiest is looking around the dinner table to hear these three beautiful children calling me "mom". I am blessed.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Happy Mother's Day to me...
What a fabulous weekend I had...first Mother's Day tea with Sage at school on Friday, then a birthday celebration for Sage on Saturday, and finally Mother's Day on Sunday! Without question though my favorite part of Mother's Day would have to be when Sage came running in to my bedroom at the crack of dawn before anyone to bring me my breakfast, a glass of milk, and wish me a Happy Mother's Day! She said she knew I drank chocolate milk every morning for breakfast but she couldn't find the syrup (we were out!) so she hoped I was ok with just the milk. It was so sweet and then she continued to tell me I was the best mother in the world and how much she loved me as she snuggled up next to me in bed. It's the sweet thoughtful moments like that that I cherish. Sadly the boys are now beyond the stage of making cute gifts at school which is a bummer as those were always my favorite but Jack is always good about taking them out to each select an arrangement of flowers for me since most other things he'd tell you would end up getting returned. Admittedly I was really looking forward to a house full of lilies but Ty was determined to pick out the most beautiful colored flowers he could find and as it turned out it meant I would be getting dozens of roses...lol! I love the thought he puts into picking out flowers (he gets that from his dad) and they were the most beautiful coral colored roses I'd seen but sadly I need to be better about recognizing the thought instead of wishing I had just gotten a bunch of my favorite lilies but Connor did come through with an arrangement that included lilies. And what do you do when you have a hard time choosing which arrangement to buy? You buy them all. That's what happens when you've got the rock star husband I have. Although they didn't smell up the house the way my lilies do, they sure did brighten it up. They were beautiful... if even for the couple days they lasted...lol!
At the end of the day though, the thing that makes me happiest is looking around the dinner table to hear these three beautiful children calling me "mom". I am blessed.
At the end of the day though, the thing that makes me happiest is looking around the dinner table to hear these three beautiful children calling me "mom". I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment