Monday, March 4, 2013

Redeeming myself for the boys' botched birthday last year...

So last year was the big birthday for the boys... double digits...and what did we do to celebrate you ask? Well Jack and I treated ourselves to a trip. An unexpected job change made for another scheduling conflict and before we knew it we were in April and it was time for spring break in Utah and still no party. Luckily they did finally get new bikes but even those arrived a couple weeks late since Sports Authority decided to take a break from having a sale on bikes during the weeks leading up to their birthday!  So this year we had to come up with something good. Luckily the planning was pretty much done for me since we were the winning bid for a bowling party at the Heart Ball. The boys originally had requested to have a paint war party but with the cold temps we've been having here in Ohio bowling seemed much more appealing and they agreed. Normally I like to have at least a week and a half notice to alert friends and prepare but when I learned four days ago that school would be out today (March 4th) for teacher inservice, I knew a party needed to be planned for TODAY!

Of course we still had our family party on their big day and thankfully Amazon once again came through for me with overnight delivery on their present since I had completely spaced what they had told me over a month ago they wanted. Nothing like being at church three days before their birthday and overhearing them tell someone "we're getting Lazer Guns for our birthday!" Thankfully I was able to pull that off. So here they are with their requested Hello Dolly bars, Lazer Tag guns, oh and the original gift I had bought each of them...docking stations.



So today was their friend party and the beauty of twins is that most of the time they share the same friends so they chose to invite their three closest friends Will, Josh, and Mia.  This worked out perfectly since we can only seat seven in the car and with Sage and I it meant for a perfectly filled car!  The kids had a blast and played four games, ate tons of food, drank even more and we now know where to get the best cherry coke!




Thanks to the generosity of their friends the boys are now a few dollars and gift cards richer, and one nice outdoor activity set better off!



I have to say I looked all over for bowling pins to place on their cupcakes but had no success. So the bowling lane didn't turn out as I had hoped but in the end it thankfully didn't effect the taste of the cupcakes...



Happy birthday to our sweet boys.  Our lives wouldn't be complete without them.  We love you Connor and Ty! xo

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

Boston and Preston are sooo jealous! They love bowling and asked when we would ever get to go bowling again. Looks like you guys had a blast. Happy B-Day boys!