Monday, March 4, 2013

Heart Ball Feb. 23, 2013

So it had been quite some time since Jack and I had attended a black tie event together.  A few weeks back Jack had a work event that was black tie and all I heard about the night was how short, snug, or big every ones tux pants were when they arrived at the event.  I guess that is bound to happen when you have assistants calling in measurements to some store out of state and the first time you try the tux on is in your hotel room an hour before the event...haha!

Lesson learned was it was time to buy a tux and attending the Heart Ball made for the perfect excuse to do it now!  It was a night of good food, dancing and of course some opening of the wallet.   It's so wonderful to learn about the progress medicine is making and the lives that can be touched because of the generous donations that come from events like these.  As fortunate as I felt to sit their with a healthy husband and three healthy children, one never knows when life can change and someone in my family could be the one needing the assistance of such a foundation.  We were the highest bidder on a couple auction items which was fun including an American Girl trip to Chicago that Jack was determined to win and after some back and forth we ended up with it.  We have yet to tell Sage but I have to say I'm pretty excited about it.  It did take every ounce of will power from both Jack and I to not share the news with Sage or even give her the gift basket that came with the trip.  May will be here though before we know it!



1 comment:

Teage said...

Thank you for the posts! I love reading them from a-far, and you both look amazing. Miss you guys tons.