Bachelorette ends! Ok, I'm guilty of participating in a weekly girls night that consists of a bunch of us getting together at my house, snacking on junk, and cringing during most of the show as we watch some poor girl continue to express her love for multiple men at the same time while in the end choosing the one that you're certain the producers asked her to choose for "shock effect". The highlight is not that it has ended as I will greatly miss those fun evenings but rather that I won't have to hear Connor ask me in the morning "mom, I was nervous last night when I heard you say in the TV room that some boy was cute. I thought you didn't love dad anymore."
Ty has a play date. The play date was nothing new but who it was with was. I also got a glimpse of what lies ahead in my future raising twin boys when I hear Ty say, "Connor, when Camille comes over can you just stay up in the big TV room while we play outside in the backyard?." I had no idea that the competition for girls started at such a young age...
Summer in Seattle. Nothing beats our crystal clear bright blue skies, temperatures that are warm enough you can swim but cool enough you can seek comfort in the shade if need be. Now I remember why I love this place so much. The week was full of play dates, swimming, going to the lake, and hitting up parks. (No comments please about Sage's beach attire.) Between her being topless (because her brothers were and she has do to everything they do) and playing in the water with a 10 lb diaper attached to her bottom (thanks to me forgetting her swimming diaper) she was quite the sight.
Girls night OUT (keyword being "out"). Can't remember the last time I left the house to do dinner with friends and stay up late laughing until my stomach hurt. I may have "most outrageous kid stories" but someone else definitely claims the prize for "most outrageous husband stories". Mara, you know who you are. :)
The nest is gone! After learning we have a basketball size hornet nest up in one of our pine trees Jack decides it's time to take it out. I failed to get the picture of him all geared up as if he was straight out of Antarctica but I did capture the nest moments before he super soaked it with a pressure washer. NASTY!!!
5 comments:
1) Your kids are beautiful (have I said that before...) ;)
2) It sounds like you are having a fun summer.
3) You look great in shorts.
4) That hornets nest is the biggest one I've ever seen! YiKEs
Hopefully now that the Bachelorette is over you can find something else to do so that you can keep up your girls night. I am also glad you got a girls night out of the house. You deserve it. It is so fun when you get those chances to have some girl time. I love it when I get together with my friends. Cute pictures of the kids. I won't judge Sage's beach gear. Gary and I are the same with the boys. Sometimes its just easier to go with what makes them happy. Cute that she wants to do everything like Ty and Connor. Well I hope we get to see you guys in a couple weeks. Tell everyone hi from us
Your kids are so cute!!! I especially love sagie's giant diaper:)!
So many laughs as I read your blog, I don't know where to start... Um, Jack took that thing out HIMSELF? Wow. How did he get it down?
I have GOT to read your blog more often. I rarely even take time for blogs. But, thanks for checking my regularly. That makes me feel so special!!! I love how you incorporate lines from your children in your updates... :) Too cute. So, no pics from rafting, then? I guess it's good to let our husbands "win" sometimes. :)
I must admit, I am guilty of watching the bachelorette as well. Every new season that comes along I vow not to watch it...but then I turn it on just for a minute and get sucked in. It doesn't help that the finale party is always at my house whether I watched that season or not. (My friends inform me they are coming over and bringing friends...fine by me.)
I love a good girl's night out!! Wish you lived nearby...we would get you out much more often.
I cannot believe that Jack tackled the hornet's nest by himself!!!! I would have packed the kids in the car and taken for the hills until I got clearance that the nest was in fact all gone--along with the hornets!
Post a Comment