Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The week in review: cupcakes, diaper cakes, going away cakes and then some!

Good weather hits Snoqualmie! Believe it or not, the first week in June was the coldest since 1894 here in the Seattle area... yes, that's eighteen ninety four!

The story of Hailey and Hallie: So what are the chances that both Tyler and Connor would have "girlfriends" named Hailey and Hallie? (I know, a scarey thought at this age.) I first learned about Ty's girlfriend Hallie midway through the school year when Ty had conveniently "broke up" with Hallie the day before his birthday party which she was to attend (luckily we got that all worked out) and last week I learned of Connor's girlfriend Hailey since at Author's night Connor was to present a poem with her and so her mom and I had to talk beforehand to plan it. Hailey had to be broken up with because "I was tired of everyone in the class calling Hailey my girlfriend. Mom, it was embarassing me and I get tired of her wanting to sit next to me on the bus everyday."



Connor and Ty can hardly wait to give Dad their precious school made gifts. Connor is so excited he insists dad must open his on Friday after school. Sagie is just happy gracing dad with her presence.





Ty's old bus driver Penny throws a suprise party for all the kids on her bus. They return with gifts, full belly's, and smiles! Penny claims award for best bus driver!

Kathryn agrees to a shower and finally we have it. Luckily it took place before baby Hinkley's 1st birthday. Take notice of my diaper cake...yea, watch out Martha Stewart, a new domestic diva has arrived. Yea right! Good thing for 'You Tube' and easy "how to" videos.



"Uncle Flash" arrives for the weekend. This is not a long lost brother that Jack and I have never talked about but rather a great friend whom our boys adore.

Saturday we attend the annual community Bicycle Safety Rodeo where the kids get free bike helmets, and enjoy face painting, bouncers, and obstacle courses set up by our local police department. Sadly the safety course wasn't as beneficial as I had hoped since on the way home Connor doesn't even stop at the stop sign before continuing to cross the street...urrr We spent the rest of the day at Snoqualmie Falls.



Sunday evening we say goodbye to our friends the Meyers as they move to Atlanta to fulfill the next chapter in their lives. We will miss them! What will I do without my Talay Thai lunch buddy?

And finally, I have to end by thanking my dad for being the dad he has been to me. Happy Fathers Day !!! I love you and feel so lucky to have a dad like you. Very few people are willing to sacrifice throughout their life the way you have for both your family and others.

1 comment:

Dion Seneca said...

Wow, what a great weekend! I love the diaper cake! And the face paintings are some of the best that I have seen.