Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life as I know it...

Soup anyone?
This past Saturday night was our neighborhood progressive dinner and I was in charge of a soup or salad. Earlier in the week I had decided that since my heater was still pumping I'd do one of my favorite soup recipes. This was also a good thing for Jack since he managed to chip his tooth the last time I made a my favorite spinach salad. (He claims there was sand in the spinach and has refused to eat my spinach salad ever since.) Of the 300 cooler days we have here I chose the one day it hit 80 degrees to make soup...go figure! I couldn't even pump up the AC to make it feel chilly since we don't have AC!!!

Favorite remark of the week:
"Mom, you are the luckiest mom on earth. You know why? Because I'm almost as perfect as Jesus. I let Ty have my toys even when I don't want to and I let him get his way." (Connor)

So much for trying to keep her awake...

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

I totally recommend the updating blog list. I was the same way everyday going through all my list to see who had updated and being disappointed when no one had. I save so much time this way.

Dion Seneca said...

My kids have some pretty good comments, but I think Connor tops them all. That was classic!

Hey, it is 110 degrees here, and I think soup sounds great!

Casey said...

That Conner is quite the character. He's a cutie. I can't believe you don't even have AC. I never want to live in a place that doesn't need AC's. Mine is running full blast, it's still hot and I love it that way. Yes, I'm a southern girl through and through. Thanks for you phone call, BTW. I'll call you when I get my head on straight. It's a bit crazy right now but I'm doing better. You're a sweetie to call. Thanks!