The good:
Baseball season is over! Not sure it was worth it when you hear things like "Yea!" the moment after you tell the boys a game has been cancelled due to rain! urrrrr. Thankfully, they won enough games that they earned their end of season trophy...well, at least that is what we tell them! They especially loved signing each others balls (oohh that didn't sound right) since it's clear they are all going to become future professional baseball players. :)
This weekend we decide to take the kids to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. This was something Jack had done with Starbucks a while back and thought the boys would really enjoy. I have to say it is quite cool. The kids loved pretending to be pilots and walking through Air Force One. The highlight for me was seeing the Concorde. I had always wanted to travel in it but looks like I'll have to settle for walking through it. It was the perfect activity for a gloomy Saturday.
The not so pretty:
I'm standing at the final baseball game watching Connor get ready to bat and overhear Ty back in the batting lineup making some comment about needing to protect the family jewels. As I angrily look over, shocked he's using a word I've never heard him use (another name for hot dog) I find him standing in the lineup with a knee pad from the catchers uniform strapped around his waist and hanging down to his knees. Mortified by what I was seeing I had a two second battle in my head of do I go over and ask him to remove his over sized "cup" admitting he's my son to those around who hadn't figured that out, or do I casually pretend to go find Sage who could easily be lost. Mara, if you're reading this, the "cup" has all new meaning now!
Can I just complain about our weather here in Snoqualmie the past ..... two years! When we first arrived here, it was unbelievable weather. We didn't know what people complained about because the weather was so wonderful. These past two years, well, not so pretty. Actually, this past month I have a new appreciation for people who battle depression. Our weather has been very depressing. What makes it worse is that every time I am picking up Jack or dropping him off at the airport, I only have to drive down into Bellevue, and the weather is completely different. There is Seattle weather and there is Snoqualmie weather. I'm just done with this weather... Where is our summer?
Finally, I have to complain about our work/family living situation. I've just had it. I keep telling myself that life is good. Jack has a good job, is able to commute home on Thursday nights and stay through Sunday nights. We are lucky. If he was living across the country, commuting may not be an option BUT, come on...for this long? Come July 9th, Jack will have commuted like this for one year. If by the 9th of July we are not all living in the same state, shoot me!!!
2 comments:
I am sure as the boys get a little older they will not be able to get enough of the baseball and will be disappointed when they get rained out. The airplane museum looked like a very fun activity. I am sorry that you have been having such bad weather. I couldn't handle it. I would be depressed to in I was in that rain all the time. Hopefully it gets better soon and you have a few more good days. Also hopefully you figure out Jacks working/living arrangement soon. I could not handle being without Gary that long. You have been a real trooper. Hope you will all be together soon. Looks like you are all doing good. Talk to you soon.
First, your pictures are looking great! Second, I TOTALLY agree that this commuting thing you guys are doing has to end...soon! We did it for about 7 months when we were first married, but I think having kids in the picture adds a whole new difficulty factor. I hope you can figure out some way to end it soon. Third, I love hearing about your fun life with your kids. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment