Friday, August 22, 2025

A road trip to Flagstaff!

We did it. We surprised Linda for her birthday! It just worked out that her birthday fell on a weekend that we didn't have anything going on and Connor was back from his internship so we jumped in the car and made the drive to Flagstaff. Jack and I can count on both hands (if we're lucky) how many road trips we've taken since we've been married that have been longer than a couple hours and this would count as one of them. Connor and I had never been to Flagstaff and it was a nice drive with some cool things to see along the way.  While the trip was quick we had a nice time and I have no doubt Linda enjoyed her surprise!


As we made our way to Flagstaff there were a couple ways that branched off that you could take to get there, this way looked a bit more interesting.  This area is called Marble Canyon.






Grandma Roddy's home in Flagstaff!  Thankfully she didn't suffer a heart attack when she opened up the door and found us all there.  After taking her out for a birthday dinner, doing some yard work and surprising her with some outdoor landscape lighting it was time for our journey back home!  

On the way home we came through Lake Powell.  So crazy how different the landscape can be within a few hours of driving.

And I'm pretty certain it had been since before Jack and I were married that I had seen the Manti temple!  How beautiful is this!


No comments: