Thursday, June 26, 2025

Almost Heaven, West Virginia...

Since Sage was a junior in high school she has wanted to serve a mission! And while most parents are thrilled to hear their kids want to serve missions, there was a side of Jack and I that was equally ok with her sticking with her studies instead of going on one.  The last thing I wanted was for her to feel obligated to go because everyone else in the family had served one.  But anyone that knows Sage knows she's not easily talked into or out of anything so before I knew it, her papers were in and what felt like less than a week later, her call was on the missionary portal!  We were really happy for her and it's no secret I was really happy to have her serve in the states so Charleston, West Virginia, here she comes!!! Take good care of my baby!!!

Oh, the anticipation...  So fun watching all her friends gather in the dorm lounge!

Photos with BFFs Carly and Katelyn, her cousin Halle and Brent!
 



                                                   
Here are Sage's closest friends from her freshman year that all decided to serve missions  How cute are they!  Somehow I got nominated to take their photos...so I did my best.  I love how she found such a great group of friends to start off her college experience with.




Finally after a grueling second semester of her freshman year behind her, it was time for Sage's home MTC experience to begin, she had her farewell talk and open house and away she went.  We have no doubt she will be an amazing missionary and we are so proud of her for having a true desire to serve and spend this time lighting the world with her beautiful spirit. Once again I didn't get many photos from her open house.
Home MTC...
Some of many cute friends, family and supporters that made it out to her farewell/open house.




Of course we got in in one small hike the day before her departure to the Provo MTC.  

And before we knew it, it was time for good byes... The jury is out on who she will miss more....Jack and I or Nova...

Good bye sweet girl.  We will see you soon.  xo



No comments: