Sunday, December 29, 2024

Countdown to Christmas!

Oh how I love decorating for Christmas.  I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing that most our Christmas decor is twenty years old but until someone tells me it's really outdated I figure I'll keep using it! This was really our first year enjoying the full holiday season in this home which I was looking forward to! While there is no guarantee of a white Christmas there most certainly is a guarantee of a cold one which will be a new experience for us after living in Florida.


Sage snapping a photo of some of the Christmas lights in the neighborhood as the sun sets.

Some traditions never die whether you want them to or not.  I was certain this would be the year we would get a professional photo taken to use on our Christmas card.  Everyone was living in Utah, photographers are plentiful out here, and we are surrounded by beautiful locations to take them.  But sadly Thanksgiving had just passed and the opportunity to find someone with availability had expired so again I found myself asking someone...enter Ashley... to take a photo of us.  




Clearly taking Christmas photos is exhausting for Ty...


Once in a while the stars align and unexpected good things happen for me. This was one of those times! While I wasn't planning on getting a Santa photo this year as I had promised the kids last year when Sage was a senior that that would be the last year, how happy I was when getting a photo just kind of fell into my lap when we were out doing Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve and decided to stop in Cabella's. Like Bass Pro, they offer photos with Santa but you need to make a reservation in advance. Of course I hadn't done that but when I asked one of the young men if they had a standby line he hesitated and said I could wait but there was no guarantee.  Well within about ten minutes we were getting our photo taken! The family knows how much I appreciate getting this every year so I was happy they entertained me by not complaining!  

The night before Christmas...

Christmas morning with my faves! Favorite gift had to be the canvas Jack had made in the shape of a cassette with lines from favorite songs that reminded him of me.  It was so sweet! 


Later the Knudsen gang made their way up for dinner and games! It was so nice to have everyone minus Teagen who is on his mission. The lesson we learned this year from our white elephant gift exchange?  Don't do it next year! LOL. It's trickier than you think with our current demographic. :)



Another Christmas in the books! And so happy to have spent it with these people. 

No comments: