Saturday, July 8, 2023

He's back!!!

What at times felt like a day that would never come, finally came! Connor was on his way home from Mexico!  When we asked him which airport he'd prefer to fly home to, Orlando or Salt Lake since we have ties to both, he said he'd love to return to Utah so that more extended family could be there to welcome him home.  Sage was happy about this decision too since it had been a minute since she'd been out to Utah.  So off we went!

One of the top things Sage had wanted to do when we got to Utah was hike the 'Y'.  While I wasn't quite expecting to do it the same day we landed, that's what ended up happening.  The next day would be busy with Connor's arrival so why not take advantage of watching a nice sunset!  I don't know if it was the altitude adjustment or if Jack and I are just in that bad of shape but a few extra breaks were needed in order to make it to the top. As I think about it, it must be more related to age, haha, since Jack hadn't even flown in from Florida like Sage and I had, and Sage had no problem marching right up the mountain!  Here we are...out of breath but all smiles!

 



The next day was the big day... sweet Connor's arrival from Mexico!  June 28, 2023.  I can't say how relieved I was to have him back, safely in my arms.  What joy he brings to our lives and the lives of those around him.  I am eternally grateful.




Upon returning to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Connor was very excited to share with us some of his favorite Mexican candy.  Let's just say not all were crowd pleasers but how fun it was to taste test a bunch!






Showing Connor the house for the first time...


Before returning to FL, we spent a week in Utah doing everything from golfing to zip lining to scenic drives to celebrating Grandpa and the 4th of July!  The only thing missing was Ty.



4th of July festivities kicked off with the Blue Angels fly-over and visiting my Grandpa's gravesite.

While dad's vision problems now prevent him from playing in his own celebratory golf outing we do every year, they don't prevent him from spending time with the rest of us on the course!  



The official 80th birthday celebration!



If it's not Jack bringing the fun to the party, it's Paul.  Here is Grandpa attempting to take out the piñata Paul had set up!
And it wouldn't be dad's birthday celebration without watching a lot of money go up in smoke but boy did Jack do a good job picking up some fantastic fireworks.
How grateful we are for the past few decades that we got to call my parent's home our home away from home.  They have been such amazing hosts over the years and how fun it will now be to take the baton from them and start hosting all our family events! We love you mom and dad!








No comments: