More bitter...less sweet. And is it terrible that I'm already counting down until their safe return?!? Connor left first on July 20, 2021. After we said our goodbyes Jack got the smart idea to go up to the mezzanine level where we could watch Connor from above as he went through security. He had no idea we were watching him because we were unable to get his attention but it gave us just a few more minutes to quietly watch him from above.
His itinerary had him traveling to Atlanta first before arriving in Mexico City where he would be able to meet up with a couple other elders from his MTC district including Elder Carbajal who would also be continuing on to Oaxaca with him and Elder Earl his MTC companion who would be traveling onto a different mission in Mexico. I was so glad I had sent him with his phone even though he wouldn't be able to keep it once he arrived in the mission because at least I was able to keep in contact with him as he made his way to Mexico. Yes, I'm that mom...
Watching these two embrace about did me in. I think the longest they've been apart from each other is one night.










No comments:
Post a Comment