Monday, May 17, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

When Jack suggested I fly out to Utah and surprise my mom for Mother's day I was a bit apprehensive. Not because I didn't want to go but it was just three days away and felt a bit rushed. Two days later I was on a flight.  And how glad I am that I did it.  While being away from my own kids on Mother's day felt a bit strange, being with Jack and my mom was well worth it especially after seeing the look on my dad's face as I walked into the house.  My mom was upstairs so after greeting him I snuck upstairs to surprise here too.  Boy what I would have done for photos of their faces...

Jack knows just what I love...And there is no better smell to arrive to than fresh lilies in the car at the airport.

The next morning we drove up the canyon to check out the view from Squaw Peak.  Instead of enjoying the view though we found ourselves in love with all these beautiful wild flowers at the top.
After a nice morning we made our way to Heber to enjoy some golf together.
On Sunday we honored mom!  I am forever grateful to have been blessed with her as my mom.  She really is everything I hoped to be but will fall far short of becoming.  Here we are enjoying a wonderful light lunch that Jack had grilled up for us.
After a lovely lunch we jumped in the jeep and took a drive to Wallsburg, which is just off the highway as you pass by Deer Creek.  It's a very "American" small town and we love it!

Later in the week I was able to meet up with Noelle for lunch and once again we could have talked for hours longer but we will look forward to my next visit out.  
And of course Jack and I made one more trip up to Heber to get in a round of golf, doing our best to get as much use out of our membership as possible because at times I'm not sure what's going to come first...Jack digging my grave or digging to begin on our home construction...
One last photo before mom and dad get ready to head off on their road trip with their best friends Eydie and Rick.  So glad Jack encouraged me to make the trip.  It truly was such a wonderful time.

No comments: