The last week in Florida...








I was so grateful to Jack for flying back to Florida to spend time with Sage while I flew with the boys out to Utah to get them settled. It was also comforting to know the boys would find many familiar faces in Provo when they arrived in addition to grandma and grandpa including friends from NY, Seattle, Ohio, and Florida. And I must admit I too looked forward to crossing paths with old friends who would also be dropping off kids!
Move in day... Jack had taken plenty of suitcases of their stuff out with him in the weeks leading up to them moving out but there was still plenty of hours spent shopping for all those last minute things they needed to get them fully settled in their dorm room! They were happy to be in Helaman Halls Building 9 where their good friend Will would also be. With Covid still at the center of everything college life would be very different including a staggered move in of all the kids into the dorms allowing for social distancing, a majority of online courses, masks, and no social events but everyone seems to be making the most of it.
Thankfully this goodbye was easy knowing in a matter of weeks I'd be back but that doesn't take away from my heart still feeling the weight of knowing I have empty bedrooms to return to in Florida...











No comments:
Post a Comment