As much as I had hoped Connor would choose UCLA, Covid had wreaked havoc in ways way beyond high school graduation. Now the start of the new school year was being jeopardized with some states allowing for a partial return to school and others opting for full time virtual. It really would have been a bummer to be starting off at UCLA paying that high tuition only to be sitting in his bedroom here in Florida taking online courses. So away to BYU they are going! And really I'm so happy. While Ty at times worries he will not enjoy the cold weather, I find comfort knowing my parents are just down the street, Jack will be there much of the time, and most importantly, they are together.
The school district had a special ceremony for kids that applied and got accepted into top universities. UCLA was on the list so here is Connor receiving special recognition during a virtual celebration.


A lot of their acceptance letters came over email but here are some of the highlights! I'm so proud of both of them. I tell the boys all the time that neither Jack or I could have accomplished all that they did in high school, including taking all the AP courses they took, while attending early morning seminary, participating in two sports each year, ranking in the top 10% of their graduating class, and for Ty spending an additional 4-5 hours a day swimming club where he woke up at 3:45 am each morning. So while I've never been one for bragging about my kids, it goes without saying we are so proud of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment