Saturday, May 23, 2020

Another candle for this beauty!

Happy 14th birthday sweet Sage! What can I say, this was not one of my better looking crepes...in fact we both laughed at how freaky it kind of looked but it was made with equally as much love and tasted as good as all the others! Once again you had a hard time coming up with birthday present ideas but since you had indicated you wanted to have a party on the lake with your friends we decided to center your gifts around that, ordering you a raft you had been eyeing with your dad along with your own life jacket in your favorite color and some nice wake boarding gloves since you mentioned your hands got tore up a bit. You also wanted some LED lights to hang in your room to compliment your newly painted wall, which you put up on your own and turned out so cute!




This definitely looks like a fun raft! While you, Ty, and Connor tested it out and did some 360s on it, I enjoyed a leisurely ride on it with you!



A couple days later you were celebrating with your friends! No Covid drive by party for you! While I understood the intent behind these "drive-by" birthday parties, you had been looking forward to having a party with your friends for quite some time and I felt you kids had sacrificed so many other things during this pandemic that if people were willing to attend, I was willing to host, especially knowing by this time we had learned that children were only in rare instances getting sick from the virus. You had all been cooped up inside for so long that it was a nice break for everyone to finally get together. Thankfully no germs were passed in the celebrating of this birthday! Special shout out to your brothers for being such great drivers!



No comments: