They are the reason we pay such high car insurance premiums here in Florida!!! Yes, Ty is a licensed driver now! After patiently having to wait a full year from the day he received his permit to get his license (Florida law), we arrived at the DMV to find out that I had signed Ty up for the wrong test and had to reschedule for a few days later. He was so mad!!! But a couple days later he was all smiles. He did it! Being that in Ohio most of our friends kids failed once if not twice the behind the wheel test I was kind of expecting the same here until we showed up at DMV and learned the test was less than five minutes long and basically if you didn't pass it you must have slept through it. Ty walked out the door to do the test and literally less than five minutes later he walked back in for what I thought was something he had forgotten. Nope, he was done with the driving test and had passed. So watch out world, this guy is now on the road!!! I'm sure I'll become more comfortable with the thought as time goes by but for now I just pray he lives to see his next birthday. While he is a good driver, I can't help but feel scared especially with all the traffic and accidents we see around here on a daily basis. We certainly aren't in Ohio where driving seemed much more low key. Connor has been less excited about driving and I'm sure I have a lot to do with that since it takes everything in me to not jump out of the passenger seat each time the boys are practicing but he's determined to get it by the end of summer after he gets in some more practice driving...with his dad...
Here's Ty after getting his permit...
And here's Ty a year later trying to contain all his excitement knowing he is actually able to drive on his own and on dates!!
Now he's just patiently waiting for his own car to drive...That story to be continued...
1 comment:
So glad he finally got it. Yeah I would be completely nervous as well. I can’t even imagine having my teenager drive in such a busy place.
Post a Comment