Sunday, May 20, 2018

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Love these kids so much! Can't even begin to imagine my life without them. Over the years though Mother's day has created many different emotions for me from sadness that I once felt for Jack and myself to sadness i feel for others who may never have the opportunity to have children who call them mom. Lately though my eyes have been opened up to another group of women who may struggle on this day, and that's the mothers of children who have taken their lives. Sadly this past school year the boys experienced the loss of a friend from swim team who had taken her life. And it seems that we can't go a week without hearing about suicide on the news whether it be that the statistics are showing the rate is going up or that another public figure has decided to end their life. So on Mother's Day this year I found myself thinking about this select group of women who may now find that a day they once cherished and celebrated may feel like a day they struggle with. These women are in my thoughts. I pray my kids never feel the despair that these children must be feeling and that when times get tough and they are brought to lows that seem hard to deal with, they always remember the people in their lives that love them and how a a temporary problem doesn't have to be delt with in such a permanent way. I feel so blessed to have these three call me mom and pray that they are always able to find happiness in their lives and love for themselves.



I neglected to capture a photo of the delicious breakfast Connor prepared for me but it will be cherished forever! Here is Sage with my favorite...angel food cake...

No comments: