Although the transition into Florida schools was far from easy for each of the kids, Sage had an especially rough time. Thankfully, by the end of the semester, she had adjusted quite well, gained a few close friends and came to really enjoy her teacher. She had also joined a singing group called the Lyrical Lyons which she really enjoyed and I have to admit I was thrilled when I learned they'd be performing at the 5th grade moving up ceremony because at least that guaranteed her getting up on stage...one way or another. What a pleasant surprise it was though when we found ourselves whipping out our camera throughout the whole program as Sage's name was read for one award after another. It was so cute to see the excitement on her face as she walked up on stage, especially when they read her name for being a recipient of the Presidents Education Award! Admittedly Jack and I giggled wondering if there had been a mix up but sure enough her teacher confirmed she got the award because she earned the award!
Leave it to Sage to end up front and center...


Ms Donaldson, Sage's teacher!

Friends...


Good bye 5th grade...

1 comment:
So crazy that she is in middle school. I am so glad we have a couple years before that. I am nervous to send them to the intermediate school next year. I hope that this new school year is off to a good start.
Post a Comment